Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need help?

Student Health Insurance Plan



All registered full-time students as well as degree-seeking co-op students are eligible to enroll in Purdue’s student insurance. 

Domestic students are not required to take the student insurance, but you are expected to have coverage outside of Purdue.

All international students who are registered for classes, regardless of credit hours, visa status, or insurance policy type, are required to enroll in the University-sponsored medical insurance plan or to obtain an approved waiver of coverage by the enrollment/waiver deadline.

Open Enrollment for health insurance coverage for the 2021-2022 academic year is July 1, 2021 to 5p.m. ET September 7, 2021.  

Download Anthem's Sydney Health App for a quick way to manage your medical plan (find care, check costs, see claims, view digital ID card, and get support). Click Here for a quick video overview.

What would you like to do?

Click a statement below to expand additional information.

I want to enroll in student insurance or apply for a waiver

Click Here for the Enrollment Guide

Click Here to review waiver eligibility (International students only)

Medical & Vision

To enroll in the Purdue Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), which includes Dental and Vision, click the applicable link below.

Domestic Students Enroll Here

International Students Enroll Here


Preventative Dental

If you are not enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan ("SHIP"), you are eligible to enroll in the Delta Dental Preventative-Only Plan. Do NOT enroll in this plan if you are enrolled in SHIP.

Enroll Here for Dental Preventative-Only

I need to update my contact information

To update your contact information with AHP, log into your account and click My Account, then "View/Edit My Info" and follow the instructions. 

You must also update your information with Purdue University to ensure ID cards, explanation of benefit letters, and other notifications about your student health insurance get to you.

Domestic Students: Log into myPurdue and go to the Academics page, then click the section with the contact information that needs updated and follow the instructions to make edits.

International Students: Log into myISS and navigate to "F-1 and J-1 Student Services", then "Address Update (U.S. Residential)".

Note: All international students and scholars must maintain a valid local address at all times, updating changes within 10 days.

I need to find a provider

Click Here for instructions on finding a doctor

Click Here to find a dentist

Click here for information on LiveHealth Online - Mental health visits covered 100%

(Visit with a doctor, psychiatrist, or therapist from your smartphone, tablet, or computer)